Monday, March 2, 2009

Pita "Pizza" Recipe

I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe. I've been eating it for a week since I thought to make it. It's absolutely delicious and simple to make. I'm having it for dinner tonight! (the picture is from two days ago).

Ingredients
1 whole wheat pita separated in two (1)
1/4 cup pizza sauce (1) (use less or skip if you want less points)
2 ounces of fat free feta cheese (1)
1 red onion
1 red pepper
1 large white mushroom
1 teaspoon olive oil (1)

Directions
Fry up the onion, red pepper, mushroom with the olive oil and spices to taste (I like basil) and at the end (and out of the fire) put in the cheese.

Separately, put the pitas in a frying pan (no oil or anything) and let them get crispy but not burnt. Pour pizza sauce on top, then pour the veggies.

No comments: