Sunday, March 1, 2009

Another recipe! Gazpacho

I had some tomatoes in the fridge that were about to go bad and decided to make gazpacho. I tweaked a recipe from the internet. This is probably much better in the summer when the tomatoes are fresher but what the heck, it's tasty enough for me.

Ingredients

6 ripe tomatoes, chopped (if you peel them it's more liquid, too much work for me)
1 purple onion, finely chopped
1 sweet red bell pepper (or green) seeded and chopped
1 stalks celery, chopped
1-2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (I used freeze-dried flakes)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives (substituted with cilantro)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 TB olive oil (next time I would just use 1 TB to save a point in the recipe)
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 teaspoons sugar
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
6 or more drops of Tabasco sauce to taste

Instructions

Mix all together in the blender and it makes 5 cups. You can also add a can of tomato juice to make it more soupy. I didn't have one and I like it chunky anyway. It's 2 points per cup, or if you only use 1 TB of olive oil, 1 point. If you use 2 TB you're getting your two healthy oils all at once in one cup. But since I usually like to have more than 1 cup I would find it hard to do that.

No comments: