Sunday, May 11, 2008

Numbers ...

I've been in a bi t of a posting hiatus this weekend ... running around and not in front of my computer much, so I'll catch up.

I lost 1.2 pounds at weigh in yesterday -- really 0.2 since last week I had lost 1 pound (as measured at home). That brings my current official weight to 136.6 (down 52.4 pounds) and 1.6 pounds from my Weight Watchers goal of 135!

A 0.2 loss may not seem like a lot, but I'll totally take it. I had a pretty bad week, with lots of exercise but also lots of bad choices including an encounter with a roll of Ritz crackers and a small fresh loaf of whole wheat bread (my downfall everytime).

After the meeting I went shopping at BJs for lots of healthy produce and frozen fish, and the spent the afternoon/evening at Ikea. I love that place! I walked it twice yesterday because my friends didn't show up until I was done with my shopping. I did a lot of shopping, as you can see by the picture of my cart ...

Today I went on a 5.36 mile run, bringing my total number of runs since April 2007 to 100 and a total number of 282.19 miles as measured by my Nike+ sensor. As an aside, I totally recommend the Nike+. It has made me way more excited about running than just going out. I guess it's because I'm competitive, and I like to see my little graphs of my runs. You can see them too, on the right of the screen :)

I stuck around for my Weight Watchers meeting yesterday. It was the first time in over a month that I didn't just weigh in and walk off. I'm really glad I did. I'm not religious but meetings sometimes feel like a religious experience. Not that anyone talks about a higher power or anything like that, but it just has that people-coming-together feel, among strangers. They feel like I imagine AA meetings are like. I never liked going to church growing up, and I stopped going as soon as I could, but perhaps WW meetings are like my religious experience.

No comments: