Monday, December 15, 2008

New trick!

I don't know why I've never done this before ... but I did this kind of by accident the other day and I've just repeated it today. It seems to work really well.

I basically took a whole bunch of fresh vegetables (8 medium sized white-cap mushrooms, two bunches of green beans, 3 red peppers, 2 heads of broccoli) and stirfried them without oil, instead using a mix of low-sodium soy sauce and balsamic vinegar as well as salt and pepper and red peper flakes (for a kick). Obviously that was a LOT of servings of veggies, so I have been eating them slowly with every meal.

I've had them for breakfast with an egg and egg white stirred in. I've had them for lunch with brown rice and fat free mozzarella (like a veggie risotto). I've had them for dinner with some tuna fish. The possibilities are endless!

The thing that I like about it is that it's tasty and it's done. Whenever I end up eating junk food, it's partly because doing anything with veggies takes too long, or I'm tired of the fruits I have at the moment, etc. It's usually an excuse, sure, but this makes it less probable that I'll have an excuse. Plus, it makes it much easier to feel satisfied on 20 points per day (or 19 when I get back into the 130s).

I think I'll keep doing this for a while, trying different sauces with the veggies (and different veggies).

No comments: