Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Measure thyself!

Just before going on a short (2.2 miles) run this morning, I measured myself. I usually do it every month, but I hadn't done it since May 15, before the summer program started.

I've gained 5 pounds since May but I've gained SO much more in inches! 1.5" on my waist, 2.5" on my lower waist, 1" on my hips, 1" on my thighs, 1" on my bust, 2" in my chest, 0.25" on my wrist and neck ... everything changes when you gain weight! No wonder I'm having a hard time fitting into my size 4s! I actually can't believe I'm still wearing some of them.

I think I will have to continue this measuring of myself every month even when I'm maintaining. I've put a recurring reminder in my calendar, the 15th of every month. Otherwise it's very unlikely to happen.

The plan today is to eat within my points, or barely over. I am going to dinner with my coordinating lawyer, her husband, my other coordinating lawyer, his wife, and DBF to a gourmet italian restaurant. I want to be good! This week we have two other dinners (not to mention lunch at L'Espalier) so it will be hard to stay within points but I am going to minimize the damage as much as possible by running every morning and making good choices.

1 comment:

KB said...

Oh man...it's scary how fast we can gain back those inches (and pounds). I know just how fast from personal experience!
I think it's SUPER smart to measure monthly. Don't sweat the little gains too much. Remember how far you've come, which I'm sure you do, and move forward.
You have had a challenging summer with all the meals out...and you've done a great job! Keeping perspective is important.

Keep on truckin' girl! :)