Monday, July 14, 2008

Daily Menu - Day 1

SparkPeople has a really interesting article today. People who really kept track of what they ate lost twice as much weight as those who didn't. I've really been horrible about keeping track of what I eat, and I think it's given me permission to eat more. So, I'm going to start posting my daily menu on this blog. I'll update the same entry for the day with what I ate during the whole day. The points will be in parens.

So here we go:
  • Morning -- 7 pts
    • Medium non-fat latte, unsweetened (2)
    • Two WW chocolate chip cookies (3)
    • Banana (2)
  • Afternoon (mish-mash of free lunch) -- 6 pts
    • diet coke (0)
    • 1 cup of mesclun green and tomato salad (0)
    • 1/4 cup of couscous (1)
    • 1 ounce chicken breast (1)
    • 1 ounce tuna salad (1)
    • 1/4 pita pocket bread (1)
    • 1 bite of dessert mouse thing (2)
  • Snacks -- 4 pts
    • coffee with 1/4 cup non-fat milk and 1/2 sugar free chocolate mix (1)
    • 1 cookie (from my secretary, which doesn't make it okay :) (3)
  • Dinner -- 10 pts
    • 1/4 cup white rice (1)
    • 4 ounces of tikka chicken (4)
    • 1/3 naan (2)
    • 1 samosa (3)
No wonder I'm barely maintaining. That's 27 points and I was trying to make good choices!

I did a one hour hatha yoga class (2 APs) and 20 minutes of heavy weight lifting (1 AP). Total damage: 24 points.

1 comment:

KB said...

This is VERY smart! Writing it down seems so simple, but it is so effective. I think I'll follow your example.
;)