Monday, July 14, 2008

Cross-training

I played tennis this weekend for the first time in many years. My right arm is killing me! Everything hurts. My legs are also sore. It might not help that I ran earlier, but I think it was the fact that I was doing something different and using totally different muscles that I'm used to. I have to do some more of that!

I'm still battling on maintaining, so far I've managed to maintain the original 4 pound gain that puts me one pound above what I was at when I started this blog (139). I wish I could muster up the strength to get in loss mode but I'm really content with maintenance at this point. I don't know why I just won't do it. It's not that hard. Maybe I need to think about that some more.

The only bad thing is that the pounds I've gained has shifted to my face! Maybe I'm paranoid but looking a pictures of myself from this weekend it really seems like it (what do you think?) And yet I still fit in my 4P suits and pants.

It looks like DBF and I might be getting engaged soon, and married within a year and a half or so. I really would like to be at my personal goal by then (120-125), which would mean I should get back on the losing wagon so I don't have to rush this at the end (and the whole dress shopping experience would be easier). I really don't want to be that girl who tries to lose for her wedding and then gains it all back. I'd like to be at goal well before the wedding so I can work on maintaining that. I'm not sure of the date yet, but we were tentatively thinking July 2009, which would mean I need to get my butt in gear!

1 comment:

KB said...

Hi DJ!
Congrats on the pending engagement! That's so exciting :) You and DBF are a cute couple!
You'll have fun planning! And I think it's a great goal to get to your "goal" weight before the nuptials. I got married over 2 years ago and am still trying to get there :S

Also, I think you look great! No extra weight in your face from what I see. We are always our own worst critic. Keep it up...you are a ROCKSTAR!

Kylie :)