Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bad day -- reframing

I had the best intentions this morning!  I had a good fruit breakfast with some protein, and was prepared for a heavier lunch since I knew I was going to Kingfish Hall (one of Todd English's restaurants) and ordering the grilled lobster and fontina sandwich (the reason I picked it). That would've all been fine (I only ate half of the lobster sandwich even!) but I really didn't need to grab quite as much bread early AND to also eat an ice cream AND a bag of chocolate when I wasn't even hungry. Ugh. My stomach actually feels awful right now.

I've been watching the scale creep up ounces at a time every morning. I need to stop this nonsense. My knee is not 100% better yet so I can't go crazy with the exercise, nor should I really, I can't burn enough calories to make up for what I've been eating! I need to go back to the eating in moderation (no need to finish 1/2 pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream in one day like I did yesterday -- it doesn't matter that it was the "light" version!).

Tonight we're going out again, a 5-hour event where we will be playing "Guitar Hero" at a bar with free food and drinks flowing. I have no need to eat, since I've already gotten all of my calories for the day and then some. I don't want to make this impossible on myself, so if I'm hungry, I will eat something, but only if I'm actually hungry. However, as for drinking, I will be chugging the sparkling water / soda water and lime, which looks like an alcoholic drink but isn't. I may have one drink if I really want it, but it won't be when I first get there, or it will make it more likely that I'll just continue drinking.

I can do this, I really can. I've done this, I've lost 50 pounds. I can keep them off and keep losing. And doing it wasn't even that bad! Just a tiny bit more self-control. I never felt that deprived while I was losing. I can do that again. I need to believe that again.

1 comment:

KB said...

Hey Girl :)
Yes YOU CAN do this!! Self-control is such an everyday battle...but it sure feels good when you win!
Hope your knee gets better soon. Yes, definitely give it proper time to heal. You're like me and love to work out so I'm sure it's difficult to take it easy...but you can do it ;)
Keep up the great work!!
Kylie

PS-Love Guitar Hero!