Thursday, August 7, 2008

Two days left!

I have two days left in my summer job. All this ridiculous eating and drinking will soon stop! :) I updated my earlier post about all the restaurants I went to this summer. Crazy number of places. Twelve weeks of work and I never paid for my own lunch! The nonsense stops this weekend--I have to get back to exercising more often and eating better.

I accepted the firm's offer to come work full time after I finish school and/or after a clerkship (if I get one). I could start as early as September 2009 or perhaps (if I do a clerkship) September 2010. Crazy how this all works--so far in advance! But I feel really lucky to have an offer from a big firm, with the crazy loan payments I'll have as soon as school starts, it'll be important.

I have lunch with a partner today and then our end-of-the-summer event which will of course involve lots of drinking and eating. Tomorrow (last day) it's "paycheck breakfast" and then lunch. I think we pretty much finish early and then go home.

DBF will be gone this weekend unfortunately to our friend's bachelor party in NY so I'll have the weekend to myself to (hopefully) work on all the clerkship applications.

I'm in the middle of TOM so I'm just trying to stay sane at this point. I was at 140.0 in the scale this morning. TOM always makes me gain a bit during the week. I'm just hoping to maintain on Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DJ - It's great to see how far you've come. I'll be checking back periodically as a source of inspiration. I'm starting where you started and my goal is also 135-142. I'm also an attorney who packed on a lot of pounds through law school, having a baby and getting married, and now have finally come to the point where I am totally committed to getting the weight off and my old body back! Congrats - keep up the good work

Teri

DJ said...

Thank you Teri! I'm looking forward to hearing more from you. You can totally do this, just take it one day at a time and before you know it, you'll be at goal.